Page 11 GENTAUR HEADQUARTERS +32 1641 4407 +32 1650 9045
DH5α Competent Cells
GENTAUR presents the ECOSTM Competent Cells. The name speaks for the merits of this product - E. Coli One-Step transformation. ECOSTM protocol allows users to finish the transformation within one step and to skip the SOC recovery step. Therefore ECOSTM competent cells are the fastest transforming cells worldwide. The traditional protocol requires recovery step and takes 1 ~ 2 hours to finish, but ECOSTM allows transformation to be finished within 1 minute and the procedures are a lot simpler.
· Revolutionary 1- or 6-minute transformation, instead of 1 ~2 hours
· Electronically monitored shipping process to check temperature during shipping
· Procedures are simplified
· No addition of LB/SOC required
· Several protocols to choose according to your needs in efficiency and convenience
· Strict QC process to check the efficiency of each batch produced
· Economic pricing for regular and high efficiency cells
· Ideal for bench users to automatize cloning projects
DH5α is the most popular strain worldwide. It is also useful for large plasmids and 2-hybrid system (up to 10~40 Kb). Shuttle vector can be collected from total DNA extracted from Saccharomyces transformed strains.
Hot Start & MALDI-TOF MS
HOT FIREPol® DNA Polymerase is a chemically modified Hot Start DNA Polymerase which provides enhanced specificity and reduced background when compared to standard polymerases. HOT FIREPol® DNA Polymerase has 5´→3´ DNA polymerase and 5´→3´ exonuclease activity but lacks 3´→5´ exonuclease activity. Available with 3 different buffers for better optimization.
HOT FIREPol® Probe qPCR Mix is optimized for real-time quantitative PCR assays and with the exception of template, primers, and probe, contains all the components necessary to perform qPCR. The qPCR Mix contains optimized components and HOT FIREPol® DNA Polymerase, supplied in a proprietary reaction buffer that enables detection of low copy number targets.
TERMIPol® DNA Polymerase is a thermostable DNA polymerase suited for MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry and other primer extension platforms. The enzyme has 5’→3’ polymerase activity and an enhanced efficiency for incorporating unconventional nucleotides (ddNTPs).
Detailed information on www.gentaur.com
Our transparent Borosilicate high speed centrifugation tubes have high resistance to temperature change and chemical corrosion. They are very useful in applications when clarity and good chemical tolerance is required. Glass tubes must be treated with care when removing pellets, washing and storing.
• Autoclavable up to 300 °C
• Tested up to 12,500 x g centrifugation
• Multiple bore adapters available
A safer way of staining!
GelRed™ and GelGreen™ represent a new generation of fluorescent nucleic acid gel stains designed to replace the highly toxic ethidium bromide (EtBr) for staining dsDNA, ssDNA or RNA in agarose gels or polyacrylamide gels. GelRed and GelGreen are superior to EtBr and other EtBr alternatives by having a combination of low toxicity, superior sensitivity and exceptional stability.
· Nonmutagenic and noncytotoxic
· Safe to aquatic life for direct disposal in the drain
· Suitable for staining either DNA or RNA
· Much more sensitive than EtBr
· No need to change the instrument setting used for EtBr
· Perfectly stable at room temperature
GelRed™ and GelGreen™ dyes are unable to cross cell membranes, thus denying the opportunity for them to interact with intracellular DNA to cause mutations. They show to be nonmutagenic and noncytotoxic at concentrations relevant to gel staining.
Tissue-Tek O.C.T Compound
Tissue-Tek O.C.T (Optimal Cutting Temperature) Compound is a formulation of water-soluble glycols and resins, providing a convenient specimen matrix for cryostat sectioning at temperatures of -10˚C and below. No residue is left on slides during staining procedure, eliminating undesirable staining background.
Send mail to
[email protected] with
questions or comments about this web site.